This recipe is easy
Pork loin with cilantro pesto and roasted vegetables
In The Oven
- Place the oven rack in the middle position. Preheat the oven to 220 °C (425 °F).
- In a food processor, coarsely chop pine nuts, garlic and cilantro. Add Parmesan and half of the oil. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, coat carrots and beets with remaining oil and cumin seeds. Generously season with salt and pepper. Spread vegetables on a baking sheet and bake in the oven while pork is being prepared.
- Place pork loin on a work surface. Use a long knife with a narrow blade to cut loin in half horizontally along its length, without cutting completely through. Open it like a book. Cut each half again the same way, cutting from the centre to the outside without going all the way through. Open outward to obtain a large meat surface, then flatten with a thick, heavy pan. Spread pesto on meat, roll up and tie with butcher’s twine. Place rolls in a baking dish.
- Reduce oven temperature to 150 °C (300 °F). Check vegetables for doneness and keep warm if tender and roasted; otherwise continue cooking with the pork. Bake loin in the oven for 45–60 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted in loin reads 60 °C (140 °F) for medium rare. Remove pork loin from oven and cover with aluminum foil. Let stand for 15 minutes. Slice and serve with roasted vegetables.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 362 calories
- 34 g proteins
- 20 g fat
- 12 g carbohydrates
- 3 g fibre
- 6 g sugar
- 246 mg sodium