This recipe is for experts
Gaspor Farms Marinated Suckling Pig
In The Oven
- Clear the top of the ribs and clean the bone for an attractive presentation. Using a knife, score the fat on top in a diamond pattern to ensure even cooking.
- In a saucepan, combine soy sauce, peeled and minced garlic and honey and reduce by half. Stir in olive oil and let cool.
- Brush the rack with soy marinade, seal in a sous vide bag, and refrigerate for 3 days to allow the marinade to fully penetrate and tenderize the meat.
- Take the meat out of the bag and remove any excess marinade. In a skillet set over high heat, add oil and sear rack on all sides, taking care not to burn the marinade. Add the knob of butter and baste rack using a spoon.
- Bake for another 10 to 15 minutes at 190 °C (375 °F), turning the rack a few times until the core temperature reaches 52 °C (124 °F).
- Remove meat from the oven and let rest on a rack for 10 minutes before carving.
- Cut each rib, season with salt and pepper, and serve one rib per guest.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 399 calories
- 41 g proteins
- 21 g fat
- 11 g carbohydrates
- 1 g fibre
- 4 g sugar
- 3114 mg sodium