This recipe is easy
Slow-cooked Pork Shoulder & Creamy Cauliflower Polenta
- Prepare the slow-cooked pork shoulder. Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat and brown the shoulder on all sides. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the shoulder in the slow cooker and add the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook for 8 hours on low (or cook, covered, in the centre of a preheated oven at 150 °C (300 °F) for 3½–4 hours).
- Prepare the polenta. In a medium pot, cover the cauliflower with water and bring to a boil. Simmer until the cauliflower is tender. Drain thoroughly.
- Blend the cauliflower into a smooth puree in a food processor. Set aside.
- Bring the milk to a boil in a large pot. Pour in the polenta slowly while whisking and cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes or until the polenta thickens. Add the cauliflower puree and remaining ingredients. Season with pepper.
- Serve the polenta on plates and add pieces of pork. Drizzle with cooking juice.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 452 calories
- 42 g proteins
- 20 g fat
- 26 g carbohydrates
- 2 g fibre
- 10 g sugar
- 612 mg sodium