This recipe is easy
Burgers with Mango and Tomato Salsa
On the stove
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, sauté onion for 2–3 minutes. Let cool.
- In a bowl, combine sautéed onion, ground pork, cayenne pepper, coriander seeds, Dijon mustard, egg, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine all salsa ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, then cover and refrigerate.
- Use meat mixture to make 8 patties about 1 cm (½ in.) thick.
- In a ridged skillet over medium-high heat, grill patties for 4–5 minutes, flip, then grill for another 4–5 minutes. Season to taste.
- Cut each pita in half and open to form a pocket. Fill each pocket with 2 lettuce leaves and 2 pork patties, then add salsa.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 754 calories
- 36 g proteins
- 34 g fat
- 78 g carbohydrates
- 6 fibre
- 23 sugar
- 769 mg sodium