This recipe is easy
Mushroom pork osso buco
- In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat and melt butter. Brown hock slices on both sides and place in slow cooker.
- In the same skillet, sauté onions with garlic and mushrooms. Add to slow cooker.
- Deglaze skillet with 250 mL (1 cup) wine. Add demi-glace, tomato paste, bay leaves and thyme. Season and bring to a boil. Pour into slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.
- A few minutes before serving, combine remaining wine and the sugar in a small pot. Bring to a boil and reduce by three-quarters to obtain a red wine caramel.
- Serve one or two slices of pork hock per plate and garnish with a little red wine caramel, parsley and fresh thyme.
On the stove
- Simmer covered over low heat until tender (approximately 1 hour).
In The Oven
- Place in a baking dish instead of the slow cooker. Cover and cook at 180 °C (350 °F) until the meat is tender (approximately 1 hour).
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 508 calories
- 56 g proteins
- 19 g fat
- 13 g carbohydrates
- 2 g fibre
- 7 g sugar
- 265 mg sodium