This recipe is very easy
Beer and Maple Ham
In The Oven
- Melt butter in a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic. Add beer, broth, 80 mL (⅓ cup) of maple syrup, mustard and spices. Season with pepper. Mix well to dilute mustard. Place pork shoulder in pot and bring to a boil. Cover and let simmer over medium-low heat for about 1 hour and 30 minutes or until tender.
- Place oven rack in middle position. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Remove pork shoulder from pot and place in a large baking dish. Remove netting around meat.
- Return pot to heat and add remaining maple syrup to cooking juices. Bring to a boil and reduce by one-third or until mixture is syrupy.
- Baste meat with mixture and bake for 30 minutes, basting frequently during cooking.
- Slice and serve with your choice of vegetables.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 305 calories
- 29 g proteins
- 10 g fat
- 20 g carbohydrates
- 0 g fibre
- 13 g sugar
- 1639 mg sodium