This recipe is easy
Pork Cheeks Braised in Cherries and Spice
In The Oven
- Place the oven rack in the middle position and preheat the oven to 120 °C (250 °F).
- Season the pork cheeks and coat in flour, taking care to shake off any excess.
- In a large pan over high heat, heat the vegetable oil and sear the pork cheeks on each side. Remove from the pan and set aside in a dish.
- In the same pan over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil and sauté the onions, garlic, spices and tomato paste for 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Add the pork cheeks, cover and bake for 3 hours, or until the meat pulls away with a fork.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 507 calories
- 36 g proteins
- 28 g fat
- 28 g carbohydrates
- 3 g fibre
- 10 g sugar
- 559 mg sodium