This recipe is easy
Herb-and pistachio-crusted rack of pork
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in the middle position and preheat oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- In a food processor, pulse parsley, pistachios, garlic and lemon zest to a breadcrumb-like consistency. Set aside.
- In a large oven-safe skillet set over medium-high, heat oil and butter. Brown rack of pork on all sides. Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush rack with mustard. Press parsley mixture evenly into rack of pork.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until a thermometer inserted in the centre of the meat reads 60 °C (140 °F) for medium rare. Transfer to a cutting board and cover with foil. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Slice rack between ribs and serve with roasted squash wedges and mashed potatoes or green vegetables.
Roasted squash side
- Seed and cut 2 acorn squash into 2.5-cm (1-in.) wedges. Arrange wedges on a parchment-lined baking sheet and brush with 60 mL (¼ cup) maple syrup. Season with salt and pepper. Bake in centre of preheated oven at 190 °C (375 °F) for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 430 calories
- 50 g proteins
- 23 g fat
- 4 g carbohydrates
- 1 g fibre
- 1 g sugar
- 219 mg sodium