This recipe is very easy
Rack of Pork with Herbs and Pancetta
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in middle position. Preheat oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- In a bowl, combine fennel seeds, herbs, garlic, 15 mL (1 tbsp.) olive oil, lemon juice and zest. Season with salt and pepper.
- On a work surface, brush rack of pork with herb mixture.
- In a casserole, pour remaining oil. Add rack of pork and bake 20 minutes on each side. Remove rack and reduce temperature to 160 °C (325 °F).
- Cover the rack with pancetta slices and bake for about 30 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the centre of the meat reads 60 °C (140 °F) for pink doneness. Keep an eye on the pancetta during cooking and cover with aluminum foil as needed to prevent it from drying out or burning. Transfer rack to a plate and set aside. Cover with foil and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, deglaze roasting pan with chicken broth over medium heat.
- Slice rack between the ribs and serve with cooking juices.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 463 calories
- 50 g proteins
- 27 g fat
- 5 g carbohydrates
- 2 g fibre
- 0 g sugar
- 523 mg sodium