This recipe is intermediate
Pecan-Stuffed Rack of Pork
In The Oven
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- In a large skillet over high heat, brown rack on all sides in a drizzle of oil. Set aside.
- Combine 45 mL (3 tbsp.) blackcurrant liqueur, pecans, bread crumbs, and 60 mL (4 tbsp.) parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cut along the middle of the meat lengthwise, and stuff with mixture.
- Combine butter with 30 mL (2 tbsp.) blackcurrant liqueur and remaining parsley. Coat rack with the mixture, place in a roasting pan, and add broth.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 55°C (131°F). Let rack stand, loosely covered with foil, for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
- Set broth aside
- In a saucepan, bring reserved broth to a boil (approximately 250 mL (1 cup)), along with remaining blackcurrant liqueur and reduce by one third. Stir in diluted cornstarch and let thicken over low heat. Slice rack between ribs and serve with gravy.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 662 calories
- 46 g proteins
- 31 g fat
- 27 g carbohydrates
- 2 g fibre
- 20 g sugar
- 453 mg sodium