This recipe is very easy
Quebec Strawberry and Balsamic Pork Tenderloin
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in the middle position and preheat oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- In a large oven-safe skillet set over medium-high heat, heat oil and brown pork tenderloins for 2 minutes on each side. Season with salt and pepper.
- In the same skillet, add tomatoes, honey, jam, garlic, rosemary and red pepper flakes. For medium rare, bake for 20 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the centre of the meat reads 60 °C (140 °F). Flip tenderloins halfway through cooking. Transfer tenderloins to a plate, cover with foil and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet, add the balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and reduce for 1 minute, stirring with a wooden spoon. Add strawberries and continue cooking for 1 minute until warm. Cut pork tenderloins into 1-cm (½-in.) slices. Cover with gravy and serve with rice.
On the BBQ
- Preheat barbecue to medium.
- For medium rare, grill pork tenderloins on all sides for about 15 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the centre of the meat reads 60 °C (140 °F).
- Transfer to a plate and let stand for 10 minutes.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 280 calories
- 28 g proteins
- 9 g fat
- 22 g carbohydrates
- 1 g fibre
- 17 g sugar
- 98 mg sodium