This recipe is very easy
Grilled Pork Loin Steak with Creamy Mushrooms and Thyme Sauce
In The Oven
- Preheat oven to 200 °C (400 °F). Remove pork from refrigerator and let rest for 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- In a large skillet set over medium-high heat, add 1 tbsp. butter, followed by a drizzle of olive oil. Add steaks and sear for 3 minutes on each side. Place steaks on a baking sheet and bake.
- Bake for 5–8 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the centre of the meat reads 60 °C (140 °F) for pink doneness. Remove from oven, transfer to a plate and cover with aluminum foil. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing steaks against the grain.
- Meanwhile, drain fat from pan. Return skillet to medium-high heat and deglaze with white wine. Scrape bottom to loosen browned bits and cook for 30 seconds to reduce.
- Add mushrooms, garlic and remaining butter. Cook for 7–8 minutes, stirring constantly, to remove moisture from mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Once water has evaporated, continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are browned.
- Add cream, vegetable broth, peppercorns and thyme. Simmer over low heat for 3–4 minutes, stirring to infuse thyme. Remove from heat and set aside.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 416 calories
- 34 g proteins
- 27 g fat
- 8 g carbohydrates
- 1 g fibre
- 7 g sugar
- 218 mg sodium