This recipe is easy
Pork Loin Tonnato
On the stove
- Pour 2 L (8 cups) of water in a Dutch oven or oven-safe pot and add salt, peppercorns, bay leaves, sage, carrots, onion, celery and rosemary. Bring to a boil.
- Plunge pork and reduce heat. Cover and simmer for about 40 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the centre of the meat reads 60 °C (140 °F). Arrange pork on a plate, cover with foil and let cool.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove carrots and celery from cooking broth and arrange on a cutting board to cut into small cubes. Set cubes aside. Discard cooking broth.
- For the mayo, whisk mustard and egg yolk in a small bowl to emulsify. While whisking, pour in a stream of olive oil. Whisk until you obtain a thick and creamy mayonnaise. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine tuna, capers, lemon juice and anchovies. Combine mayonnaise and tuna mixture. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- When roast is at room temperature (or even cold), cut into thin slices and arrange on a serving platter. Top with tuna mayonnaise. Garnish the platter with carrot and celery cubes, capers, parsley and lemon zest.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 724 calories
- 45 g proteins
- 57 g fat
- 8 g carbohydrates
- 2 g fibre
- 3 g sugar
- 748 mg sodium