This recipe is very easy
Pork Loin Fajitas + Spanish-Style Pork Loin Roast
Pork loin fajitas ingredients
Spanish-style pork loin roast ingredients
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 180 °C (355 °F).
- Slice 500 g (1.1 lb.) of pork loin into 1.5-cm (⅝-in.) thick slices and then again into strips. Set the piece of remaining meat aside.
- Chop onions and julienne bell peppers.
- In a heated skillet, add 30 mL (2 tbsp.) of oil and brown onions and bell peppers for 5 minutes. Separate in half and set aside in bowls.
- In the same skillet, add 30 mL (2 tbsp.) of oil and brown the remaining chunk of pork loin.
- Arrange the loin and half the onion and bell pepper mixture in a roasting pan. Set aside.
Remaining pork loin fajitas preparation
- In the same skillet set high heat, add 30 mL (2 tbsp.) of oil and sear strips.
- Add half of the prepared onion and bell pepper mixture to the skillet with the pork strips.
- Stir in half the paprika, chili powder, half the broth, vinegar, half the garlic, Tabasco and corn starch mix. Simmer for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with half the rice and tortillas.
Remaining spanish-style pork loin roast preparation
- In the roasting pan with the loin, onion and bell peppers, add half the garlic, half the broth, half the paprika, saffron and olives. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until the internal temperature is 65 °C (150 °F).
- Add pre-cooked peas to roasting pan broth and serve with half the rice.
Nutritional value (per serving of fajitas recipe/spanish-style roast recipe)
- 597 / 759 calories
- 33 g / 57 g proteins
- 24 g / 27 g fat
- 59 g / 70 g carbohydrates
- 9 g / 8 g fibre
- 7 g / 9 g sugar
- 879 mg / 822 mg sodium