This recipe is easy
Southern-Inspired Pulled Pork
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 160 °C (325 °F).
- Place pork in a roasting pan. Using a knife, pierce meat ten times.
- In a bowl, combine ale, brown sugar, paprika, ground coriander, mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Pour mixture over meat and sprinkle with thyme, rosemary, onion and garlic.
- Cover with foil and bake for 6 hours.
- Let cool. Remove meat from cooking juices. Put juice through a strainer and set aside liquid. Remove any fat and shred meat.
- Arrange meat in a bowl and add some cooking juice. If necessary, heat meat while adding cooking juice so meat stays moist and juicy.
- Use in a sandwich, burger or another dish of your choosing.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 722 calories
- 58 g proteins
- 24 g fat
- 52 g carbohydrates
- 5 g fibre
- 29 g sugar
- 2047 mg sodium