This recipe is intermediate
Braised Pork Osso Buco With Cannellini Beans
In The Oven
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Season the pork hocks with salt and pepper. Coat the hocks with flour, then shake to remove the excess.
- Heat the olive oil in a large casserole over medium heat. Brown the hocks on each side for about 8–10 minutes. Reserve on a plate.
- Add the onions, celery and carrots; cook, stirring occasionally until tender, 5–7 minutes.
- Add the garlic, tomato paste, parsley, thyme and rosemary and cook for 1–2 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth and wine. Mix well and gently bring to a boil. Return the hocks to the pan, cover and place in the oven.
- Cook for approximately 2 hours, turning the hocks from time to time, until the meat almost comes off the bone with a fork. Place the hocks on a plate and cover with aluminum foil.
- Heat the pan over medium heat and boil the cooking juice until thickened.
- Stir in the beans, mashing a portion of them into the sauce.
- Garnish the hocks and serve immediately with the beans and cooking juice.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 561 calories
- 37 g proteins
- 20 g fat
- 50 g carbohydrates
- 18 g fibre
- 6 g sugar
- 1140 mg sodium