This recipe is intermediate
Pork Liver with Spiced Apples
Spiced apples poached in red wine ingredients
Muscat reduction ingredients
Pork liver ingredients
In The Oven
Spiced apples poached in red wine preparation
- In a saucepan, toast cinnamon, star anise, peppercorns, nutmeg and clove for 4 minutes. Add red wine, sugar, port wine, vanilla bean and orange rounds and bring to a boil. Add apples to the spiced red wine and simmer for 15 minutes. Turn off heat and infuse apples in saucepan for at least 1 hour.
- You may keep the remaining syrup in the fridge in order to use it for other recipes.
Muscat reduction preparation
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil; then reduce heat and reduce liquid until texture is smooth and syrupy. Filter and set aside.
Pork liver preparation
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- In a heated skillet greased with clarified butter or sprinkled with Mycryo butter, sear slices of pork liver on each side until golden. Deglaze with 60 mL (4 tbsp.) of apple cooking juices.
- Transfer to a roasting pan and finish roasting meat in the oven for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a sliced apple on each dish drizzled with a little Muscat reduction along with a slice of liver.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 792 calories
- 11 g proteins
- 5 g fat
- 109 g carbohydrates
- 1 g fibre
- 78 g sugar
- 104 mg sodium