This recipe is easy
Rack of Pork with Maple- Caramelized Apples
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- In a bowl, combine 30 mL (2 tbsp.) of butter, rosemary, 30 mL (2 tbsp.) of maple liqueur, salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat rack with mixture. Arrange rack in a roasting pan and bake for about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a skillet, brown apples and shallots in 30 mL (2 tbsp.) of butter.
- Add maple syrup and cook until it sticks to the apples.
- Reduce oven heat to 160 °C (325 °F).
- Arrange apples, shallots and rosemary sprigs with the rack and add broth.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until desired doneness.
- For medium rare, remove from oven when a thermometer inserted in the meat reads 61 °C (142 °F). Keep thermometer inserted in meat and cover with foil. Let stand until the thermometer reads 63 °C (145 °F), about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, work flour and the 10 mL (2 tsp.) of butter into a paste (kneaded butter).
- Remove apples and shallots from pan and set aside.
- Keep only 250 mL (1 cup) of broth in the pan and bring to a boil. Add remaining maple liqueur and reduce by one third. Then, whisk in kneaded butter. Thicken over low heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Carve rack by slicing between the ribs and serve with apples, shallots and gravy.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 477 calories
- 37 g proteins
- 20 g fat
- 26 g carbohydrates
- 2 g fibre
- 19 g sugar
- 410 mg sodium