This recipe is easy
Grilled Pork Flank Steaks with Green Pepper Chimichurri
Green pepper chimichurri ingredients
On the BBQ
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Arrange the two pepper halves on a roasting pan and bake until tender.
- In a food processor, puree bell pepper, garlic, shallot, herbs, oregano, half the jalapeno pepper, lime juice and zest. Gradually add olive oil and balsamic vinegar until creamy. Season to taste. For a spicier topping, add the remaining half of the jalapeno and cayenne pepper. For a spicier topping, add the remaining half of the jalapeno and cayenne pepper.
- In a bowl, combine herbs and olive oil, add flank steaks and marinate for 12 hours.
- Preheat barbecue to high.
- Remove steaks from marinade, place on a rack and allow them to drain for 5 minutes.
- Place steaks on a very hot grill and mark meat for 2 minutes on each side or according to desired doneness.
- Brush with Chimichurri and serve.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 835 calories
- 36 g proteins
- 74 g fat
- 7 g carbohydrates
- 2 g fibre
- 3 g sugar
- 163 mg sodium