This recipe is for experts
Glazed Nagano Pork Belly
Ingrédient pour la saumure et la laque
Brine and glaze preparation
- Dissolve all ingredients in water, pour brine over pork and refrigerate for 96 hours.
- In a saucepan, sweat onion and deglaze with balsamic vinegar. Reduce until almost all the liquid has evaporated.
- Cut ginger lengthwise. Add ginger, hoisin sauce and maple syrup to onions.
- Simmer for 45 minutes. Allow glaze to infuse for 1.5 hours.
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor and coat belly with mixture. Heat immersion circulator to 70 °C (160 °F).
- Vacuum-seal pork and cook for 16 hours.
- Once cooking is complete, immerse vacuum-sealed pork in ice water.
- Once pork has cooled completely, open bag and divide into serving sizes of your choice.
- Set scraps aside to make pork kromeskis. Sear trimmed belly. Add glaze and bake at 175 °C (350 °F) for 4 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor and shape mixture into balls.
- Freeze until firm. Prepare three containers and add flour to the first, egg whites to the second, and breadcrumbs to the third.
- Roll balls first in the flour, followed by the egg whites, and finally in the breadcrumbs. Fry kromeskis just before serving. Serve everything with chips, jellies, kale and chanterelles.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 1653 calories
- 57 g proteins
- 87 g fat
- 160 g carbohydrates
- 3 g fibre
- 118 g sugar
- 7929 mg sodium