This recipe is very easy
Pork Loin with Fennel, Olive oil and Lemon coulis
In The Oven
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 30 mL (2 tbsp.) of the oil and brown pork loin on all sides for about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then place pork loin in a serving dish. Cover with garlic, lemon slices and fennel fronds.
- Bake for 40–45 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the centre of the meat reads 60 °C (140 °F) for medium rare. Remove pork loin from oven and cover with aluminum foil. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 30 mL (2 tbsp.) oil in the same skillet over medium heat. Sauté fennel and onion for about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Deglaze with wine and lemon juice. Reduce by half and add stock. Simmer until fennel is tender. Pour into a bowl.
- Using an immersion blender, blend vegetables, remaining oil and lemon zest. Season to taste.
- Slice meat and serve with fennel.
Nutritional value (per serving)
- 451 calories
- 33 g proteins
- 29 g fat
- 11 g carbohydrates
- 4 g fibre
- 4 g sugar
- 416 mg sodium